For example, you can:
- be in a shampoo commercial
- start a boy band:
- spot some choice booty:
- break into song:
- see some people in frankly offensive outfits:
- attend a metal show:
- listen to some sick jams:
- discover zombieism:
- sample some tasty snacks:
- watch someone get burned bad:
- find something you really like:
- find something you really, really like:
- find something you REALLY REALLY LIKE:
- and wonder if you left the stove on:
GIRLS — if you hit, slap, belittle, kick, punch, choke, throw things at, or control your boyfriends, you are the abuser. You are not a “strong woman”, “empowered”, or anything similar. You are hurting him. Even if his muscles are strong enough to take it, a hit or slap from someone you love is an emotional blow.
- Me: Did you find everything ok today Sir?
- Male Customer: Yeah everything was fine, but prices on the cat food just keep going up! I remember when it was only .30 a can! But I bet you don't, you're like what...20?
- Me: 21, but yes.
- Male Customer: God you're young, I bet you'd never go out with someone my age, unless you have some Daddy issues
- Me: ...........
- Male Customer: so do you like working here? Are you in school?
- Me: Your total today is 21.38 Sir.
- Male Customer: Are you seeing anyone?
- Me: ......Cash or Credit Sir?
- Male Customer: When do you get off work?
- Male co-worker comes up next to me: Everything ok?
- Male Customer: Yeah we're fine
- Male Co-worker: Actually I think you're being really rude
- Male Customer: What are you her boyfriend?
- Male co-worker: No I'm not. And even if I was, why would it matter? Her job is to ring up your items, make sure your shopping experience was pleasant and give you change. You're making really creepy comments to a young woman you don't even know at a cash register, it's not ok.
- Male Customer: You can't talk to me that way! I want to speak to your manager.
- Me: It's really ok, everything is Ok
- Male Co-worker: No no, I'll go ahead and call our FEMALE boss up here to address any grievances you might have *Sir*
- Male Customer: slams down 25 dollars grabs his bags and leave*
- Male Co-worker: You don't even have to take anyone's shit here. If anyone even looks at you funny, pick up that phone, call a manager, call me, call another co-worker and it will be handled. You are a valued employee and you deserve to feel safe and respected at work by *everyone*